These statements apply to all web sites worldwide.
In general, you can visit us on the internet without telling us who you are or giving us personal information. There are times when we may need information from you, for instance: to respond to a Request for Quotation (RFQ), to process an order, to correspond, or in connection with a job application. We may supplement this information to complete a transaction or to provide a better service. When personal data is requested on the Website, some requests are marked as “Required;” this personal data is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you’ve requested.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the personal data collected at the Website for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and to (possibly) conduct research and evaluations.
- To tailor your experience on the Website to your interests and geographic region. To fulfill your requests by us or by others involved in fulfillment.
- To fulfill your requests for our services (such as your request to receiving the Sigma Marine Newsletter), to respond to your inquiries about our offerings and to make other offerings that we believe that may be of interest to you.
- As permitted by, and in compliance with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
- To contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, market research or in connection with certain transactions.
- By Sigma Marine and selected organizations for marketing purposes if you have permitted such use.
- In a non-identifiable format for analysis
- To develop our business relationship if you are an agent or a distributor.
- When we collect information from you, you may tell us that you do not want it used for further marketing contact and we will respect your wishes.
- We collect this data via cookies. Cookies are files or pieces of information that may be stored on your computer when you visit the Website. Cookies are used to distinguish you from another user and enables swift passage from one page to the next on our Website. This allows us to understand how people use our Website and to help us improve their structure and content.
- You may also turn off cookies in your browser.
We do not sell (or rent) your personal data to third parties, and do not share or trade your personal data with third parties, other than to our parent company and its affiliates and to service providers as described below.
Individuals under the age of 18
To ensure compliance with federal law, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal data provided by children under the age of 18 on the Website.
Personal data collected on our websites will be disclosed to other companies and individuals that perform certain functions on our behalf, such as monitoring Website activity. Such parties only have access to the personal data needed to perform these functions on our behalf and may not use or store the information for any other purpose(s).
Compliance with Law/Safety
Sigma Marine may disclose specific personal data based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Website, the Website itself, or the public.
If you are also interested in product offerings and other information about Sigma Marine, you may sign up to receive the Sigma Marine Newsletter. Existing Sigma Marine customers may receive e-mail and other electronic communications.
You can easily unsubscribe (opt out) to all e-mail and other electronic communications from Sigma Marine by following the “unsubscribe” link in the email correspondence or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We take information security seriously and use all reasonable technical and organizational measure to help prevent unauthorized access or loss of personal data.
Sigma Marine limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data of our customers, and our employees are informed of the importance of such confidentiality. While we implement these security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible, so please be aware of this fact when you provide your personal data.
Should you wish to contact us regarding our use of your personal data or object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at the contact details below. If you contact us, please note the specific information you would like us to correct, update or delete about you.